We have had fish for almost a year. The miracle is that I have only replaced them once – after the first week (knock on wood!). I don’t know that I’ve ever had fish this long.
Here are some pictures when we got them:
Blair loves these fish. She responsibly feeds them a couple of times a day and worries about them when we’re away.
And they have names, of course. This is the best part.
Her tank loves:
- Clown Fish the angel fish
- Happy Face the black and white molly
- Lemon the yellow tetra (original in June 12)
- Dorothy the purple guppy
- Ariel Sucker Fish the, you guessed it, sucker fish
- Speedy the neon (original June 12)
- Cookie and Big Bird the orange guppies (whose names change from those to Hank and John or Bert and Ernie)
- and finally, Nemo the clown fish statue
I really can’t get over how much the angel fish has grown since we got him. He’s at least twice the size he was!